Meet Hans Schmitter – Our Indianapolis Appraiser
Hans is from northern Indiana, near the lakes. He earned his Bachelor’s degree from Indiana State University and has an extensive background in construction, architecture, and engineering design. Hans moved back to Indy 11 years ago and started appraising 9 years ago in May, after woking in construction.
Being a family man, with a wife and daughter, Hans enjoys the flexibility of his job. However, Hans has two main reasons he loves being a commercial real estate appraiser.
1. He gets to be outside and enjoy the outdoors. It’s not just a desk job because it’s such a diverse field.
2. Hans loves real estate, which comes from his construction background, so he enjoys looking at real estate and the variety of properties.
Upcoming Real Estate Trends for Indy
When asked about upcoming trends, he responded with three:
The market in Indy has certain pockets, but here’s what he’s seeing so far.
1. Real estate in general has rebounded well. It’s a sellers market right now.
2. Newer generations want to live closer to the city.
3. Certain areas in Indy are coming up with unique developments, with retail, restaurants, multi-family residences, office spaces, and various multi-use properties in a condensed area. Hans sees this becoming more of a trend in the future.
Fun Fact About Hans
Hans’ wife is from Indonesia. She went to Purdue University and Hans met her at a Barnes and Noble in Lafayette. They fell in love and got married in Indonesia.
Interested in working with Hans or getting a quote in Indiana? Call him at 765-532-5843 or email him at HSchmitter@commercialappraiserky.com. Interested in a quick quote? Get the process started here.